Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Marriage. Am I doing it for the right reasons?

Today I saw my friend Heith marry his beautiful bride Christian. It was a wonderful ceremony and the reception was off the chain. I enjoyed myself, and was able to spend some time with my brothers driving two and from Kings Mountain, which is on the other side of Gastonia and Charlotte.  On the way back we were listening to some slow jams and just having fellowship. I felt the Lord speak to me about something.

Here's what I heard: Marriage is more than just having intercourse with your wife/husband. You don't marry just to recieve that. If you do you have a mixed up view of marriage and not fit to marry. 

That really hit me as we were driving back... its not based on that, its much more than that. It's a support system, a compaionship. Much more than sex. God created man and female to be in companionship with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment