Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Summer and did I mention Summer.

Well it looks like I haven't been able to post for a while. I've been terrible at keeping this thing up, I'll try to do better at keeping it up. 

A Few things:

House that I'll be staying at for the summer

I moved into my own place, for the summer months in Greensboro to be closer to campus and summer ministry opportunities. It has been an awesome experience so far to see the Lord move. The house is actually the same house as my campus minister stays at, which is an awesome opportunity to be poured into by. It has also been great to live with 4 guys that I consider my close friends. I share a room with my close friend Vincent and another guy named John. Our room is right above our front door and above the entrance to the house. Be praying for opportunities to minister this summer within the city of Greensboro and how our house can be used.
Panaroma view of our room. (Matt, Vince and John)
Working.


I recently got hired at my local Sonic Drive In, working as a carhop, which is basically a waiter that delivers right to your car, and I'm on skates, which makes it more fun and enjoyable. I've only worked a few days and I can already tell that it is going to be a learning yet fun experience. I'm reading through the book of Matthew currently, today I read about how Jesus sent out the disciples and gave them the power/ authority under His name to cast out demons and heal the sick, and that they would be going into a world full of wolves, and them being the sheep. Yesterday I got a taste of what that actually meant. I came into work around 11:30am ready and excited to work, first off my boss did not give me my clock in number so I looked stupid in front of my manager and not to mention all who were working there that day. I really got thrown into all things Sonic, I ended up making drinks yesterday, making all the fountain drinks and fruit slushes and slushes themselves, the only thing I need to master is the Ice cream sundaes, malts, blasts and shakes, but other than that I did an overall good job. Pray for me to be able to take a stand for my faith and be able to be unashamed of the Gospel as I go to work. Literally I am going into an area full of wolves ready to be ripped apart, pray for the Lord to soften the hearts of my co workers as I try and reach them this summer.
Swaggin at Work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment