Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Proverbs 18:24

Sorry for not posting recently, but I've been busy with you call College. Ya know its that thing that you go off to after graduating High School, yea that thing. I believe the last time I updated this blog, it was in August, right after getting back from my second beach project. This past semester has been a long and hard one, but it is only by the Grace and Mercy of God that I am still in school and am alive to tell you what has happened.

Me and Vincent, friends and brothers for life. 

God has really used a brother to really reach out to me and get to know me at the same time. His name is Vincent. We look nothing alike, he's short, I'm tall. He's older, I'm the baby. I wear glasses, he doesn't. Those things don't matter what matters is our inward heart change that comes about when Christ persues us and we respond back to Him. God has really used this brother to call me back to Himself and given me a passion for learning Gods word.  I honestly didn't know where I would be if it wasnt for people like Vincent, who stepped into my life and poured into me. What began as just talks out in his car when I was living in Jefferson Suites, to now great friends that are planning to live together next year. I have developed a deep friendship with him, a friendship that I would have never had when I was little, or just having an actual friend in the first place. A friend that doesn't use me to get what he wants, but a friend that cares and loves me for what Christ has done in my heart.

I see alot of myself within Vincent. I see that he has a heart for others, he cares/ puts others before himself. He desires to grow in his faith daily, and he does his best to make sure that happens. He is a great example of what it means to "walk the walk".  The way that he carries himself, inspires me to better myself. I admire his faith in the Lord, to just stop and surrender. He surrender's all, even despite what he may be feeling or thinking about. We both have similar backgrounds, growing up in the Baptist denomination, and also just constantly being around Gods family. He spurs me on to love Christ more and more each day and his passion for the word has rubbed off on me. Everything that he does he points it back to Christ. We had the opportunity to share the Gospel earlier yesterday, as well as earlier in the year to be meeting up to study the word and praying.

He is like family to me and I would totally put myself on the battlefield and take a bullet for him, as long as he stayed safe. I know that he would do the same thing every game, and knowing that someone cares about me. I am thankful for what God is going to do through .


No comments:

Post a Comment